MultiMin USA is proudly offering an educational series for cattle producers. This phone call-in series (no app or internet needed) includes industry experts covering a broad range of topics over the next five weeks. I invite you to share this educational opportunity with cattle producers who could benefit from these interesting topics.
Generation Next: Our Turn to Ranch
This is a 12-week online school that covers a new topic each week related to starting a new agricultural business or re-thinking an existing business. It’s perfect for new landowners or those who are inheriting land (or would like to add a small business on to the existing family ranch/farm). Topics include setting up an ag business, ranch insurance needs, ag business tax implications, understanding your land resources, developing grazing or hunting leases, basic ranch-related laws, tracking your finances, transition planning, land management techniques, and more! The lessons are taught by specialists within and outside of Extension. Why is a Range Specialist leading this course? I love my job, and who is going to responsibly keep managing rangelands if they can’t make a profit doing so?
It takes about 1.5 hours to complete the weekly assignment, which can be done at any time during the week. The teaching portion is followed by a small activity which builds throughout to create a basic business plan by the end of the course.
Here’s the run-down: 2020_GN Flyer
• The course is semi instructor-led (me) and will run August 17th – November 8th
• You will need a computer or laptop with internet access
• An activity will follow the topic material each week. These activities will all combine to create your personal business plan by the end of the course.
• The cost is $250 for the entire, 12-week course
Register (seats limited!) at: https://agriliferegister.tamu.edu/productListingDetails/3116
Questions? Contact: Megan.Clayton@ag.tamu.edu
Backyard Poultry Webinar Series
- Postponed to September 2020
- Gus Engeling WMA
- More details to come
Feral Hog Workshop
Buffalo Beef & Forage Program
- Buffalo Auction Barn
- Buffalo Beef & Forage Program 2020
Water Education in Texas
Grazing Animal Nutrition Lab
Soil, Water and Forage Testing Lab
Texas Plant Disease Diagnostic Lab
Insects and Pest Management
Lawn and Garden
- Here is the link to allow you to access documents and program information for both the Agricultural Loan Guarantee and Young Farmer Grant programs.